Sunless tanning is truly something that has changed the way people work their color. Before, you had to wait for great sunny weather before even thinking about getting some golden color on your skin. But with sunless tanning, you can rock that sun-kissed skin even on the darkest or rainiest days.
Of course, tanning your own skin through the use of foam, lotions, or sprays can be quite a challenge. To help you get the most beautiful and even tan you can get, here are a few tips:
• Shave at least an hour before tanning. Remember that shaving leaves your skin in a sensitive state. Applying any tanning solution on its surface might leave you with itchy, irritated skin.
• Apply some exfoliating cream before tanning. This is to make sure that your body is rid of dead skin cells before the tanning process. Tanning when you have a lot of dead skin can make the surface of your skin look uneven, and the color, unnatural.
• Make sure your skin is dry. If you apply any form of tanning product on wet skin, you’ll be left with an uneven tan. You will also see streaks on your skin, which will be extremely difficult to cover.
• Put Vaseline on your eyebrows. Sometimes, in the tanning process, one’s eyebrows could end up with a completely unnatural color. By putting Vaseline first, you can make sure that the tanning product does not stick to your eyebrow and leaves it with its natural color intact.
• Protect your nails. The last thing you want is to have your nails turning into a funny color after tanning. Keep them protected while tanning. You can wear gloves at first, then just slowly apply color to your hands later on to even things out.
• Avoid breathing while spraying. If you’re using tanning spray, avoid breathing in while spraying. This would cause some of the tanning solution to enter your nostrils, which could irritate the skin inside your nose. There is also some risk of the solution entering your respiratory system.
• Pay attention to your elbows, wrists, and the top of your knees and feet. These areas are the most difficult to even out, so make sure you wipe them down with some tissue after applying the tanning solution.
• Wash your hands after tanning. Thoroughly washing your hands will help you give your hands a natural color. Remember that your hands do most of the job, so they’re the most exposed to the solution. Give them a good 5 minutes with warm water and soap. This should be enough to make sure that it does not turn into a weird color later on.With these tips, you can make sunless tanning a more efficient process. Before long, you’ll be able to do it like a pro, and with less effort.