Self-Tanner on the Face
For this technique, there are four sunless tanning steps. Make sure to put your hair up in a bun before applying a self-tanner lotion or spray so you don't miss any part of your face.
• Step 1 - Exfoliate the skin. Using a facial exfoliating or a facial cleansing product, gently clean up your face.
• Step 2 - Use an under-eye cream. Apply a small size of the cream under your eyes after drying your face.
• Step 3 - Mix equal parts of self-tanning lotion and moisturizer in a small container. Then apply the mixture over your face and neck. Make sure the shade of the blend is at least one shade darker than your natural skin tone.
• Step 4 - Wait for at least three hours before applying a makeup bronzer. This helps to create a natural-looking facial tone.
Self-Tanner on the Body
• Step 2 - Apply the self-tanning lotion to your thighs next. Start from the front, going to the back. Pay special attention to your knees.
• Step 3 - Apply the self-tanning lotion to your hips. Continue on your stomach and torso. Finish off the sunless tanning body technique on your shoulders and arms.
I recommend waiting for at least one hour before dressing up or getting into bed. For an extra glow, gently apply oil on your body.